Compliance Director, Broker-Dealer Job
Apply for Job
Date: Mar 28, 2015
Location: Waverly, IA, US
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a Director of Investment Compliance.
This position is responsible for providing strategic compliance oversight for CUNA Mutual Financial Group’s registered entities, including CUNA Brokerage Services, Inc. (CBSI) as a registered broker/dealer and SEC registered Investment Advisor and MEMBERS Capital Advisors (MCA), a SEC Registered Investment Advisor. This position reports to the Chief Compliance Officer and is responsible for all facets of regulatory compliance including Financial Regulatory Authority (FINRA), Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) and other federal and state statutes and rules as they apply to Sales, Supervision and Oversight of all of the entities’ activities.
Working with the Chief Compliance Officer, lead the Compliance program for each entity to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Ensure collaboration between the Supervision and Monitoring functions and the Surveillance and Reporting functions of the Compliance area. Work with the team to ensure adherence to firm and branch level compliance controls.
- Recommend changes to all relevant Policies and Procedures based upon regulatory requirements, industry practices and established internal controls, including Chinese Walls, AML, CIP, BCP, insider trading and personal account handling, disclosures, e-mail surveillance, branch audits and operations while also assisting the business in its stated goals and objectives. Participate in the process to maintain policies and procedures.
- Responsible for oversight, coordination, update and filing of various documents, as required by state, federal and regulatory agencies.
- Provide compliance expertise and advice to business partners. Build consultative working relationships with business partners, helping them to meet their business objectives, while keeping the organization in compliance. Provide compliance expertise to business units as a trusted and respected partner.
- Develop and implement necessary risk assessment reviews including internal audits and automated surveillance/monitoring programs to review the firm's activities to remain in compliance with all aspects of industry standards.
- Provide leadership, direction, counsel and oversight for investment compliance issues surrounding registered investment product and registered investment advisor sales and operations activities.
- Conduct business practice reviews as needed and investigate sales practice concerns as they arise. Serve as point person for investigations and recommend disciplinary action as needed.
- Assist with regulatory exams and requests as well as assist with the maintenance of the department’s written supervisory procedures.
- Identify, assess, and manage compliance risks driven by legislation, regulation, customer requirements and industry trends, including impact assessment of the risks to our products, market position and operations.
1. Ten plus years in increasingly responsible Compliance functions with a broker/dealer and Registered Investment Adviser.
2. Experience with the regulators.
3. Series 7, 24, 63, 65/66 or appropriate designation.
4. Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s Degree a Plus
5. Proven skills in negotiating, influencing and collaborating with others in the decision making process across all levels of the organization.
6. Fluent with all current FINRA issues and concerns.
7. Working knowledge of FINRA, SEC, MSRB, NCUA and State Securities rules and regulations.
1. Critical thinking skills.
2. Strong judgment and business acumen.
3. Ability to manage multiple tasks, assignments in a changing environment with competing priorities,
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills,
5. Ability to challenge and motivate employees through regular feedback and performance management.
6. Proven ability to recruit, retain and develop high-quality individuals.
7. Demonstrate excellent communication skills, both oral and written. Should have the ability and experience to draft clear and professional correspondence, policies and procedures and other documents of both legal and business nature. Must be able to correspond with all regulators and auditors.
Experience Level: 8+ years
Area of Interest(s): Brokerage, Investment
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: SLF20130909-02538
Nearest Major Market: Waterloo
Job Segment: Compliance, Manager, Stock Broker, Stock Market, Law, Legal, Management, Finance