Regional Vice President - External Markets - SW TerritoryJob ID R-001114 Date posted 02/14/2017
Salary Grade 637
The principal purpose of this position is to direct the sales activities for CMFG manufactured Annuity products (MEMBERS® Annuities) within an assigned geographic territory. The objective of this role is annuity deposit growth (AUM), a principal CMFG objective. This position leads the sales activities and efforts of F2F distribution through registered representatives in the independent broker dealer (IBD) and bank/credit union channels.
This is a focused, business-building position. Success is accomplished through developing and expanding advisor relationships, providing outstanding investment sales training & assistance and executing product sales programs and strategies.
- Develop new business and maintain existing business relationships by conducting proactive sales activities.
- Provide current producing advisers with up-to-date information on CMFG Annuity products and timely business building sales ideas.
- Reach out to prospective advisers within designated territory to grow CMFG’s annuity deposits and market share.
- Manage a business in partnership with a remote virtual Regional Sales Associate (RSA) and internal sales desk.
- Participate in CMFG and independent broker dealer meetings, conferences and events.
- Stay current on all CMFG Annuity products, as well as economic and market conditions pertinent to the sales of annuity and investment products.
- Assist representatives in developing higher levels of investment knowledge, communication & sales capabilities and business promotion through F2F meetings, webinars, and outbound calls.
- Support advisor sales efforts by helping conduct client seminars and individual sales presentations (point-of-sale).
- Manage resources provided by CMFG including the territory marketing and T&E budget.
- This role will be accountable for:
- Territory Sales Goals
- Year over year territory growth
- Face-to-Face appointments and other proactive sales activities
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing or 4+ years of related industry experience.
- Retail F2F experience selling similar investment products in an institutional setting.
- Existing relationships in the independent broker dealer (IBD) space is preferred FINRA Series 6 or 7 and 63 licenses required.
- Life, Health and Variable Licenses required. IAR preferred. Industry designations preferred (CPA, CFA, ChFC, CLU, etc.)
- Demonstrated sales & marketing knowledge of annuities, variable products, investment solutions and their appropriate applications within the context of a needs-based sales process.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Exercise sound judgment and solid decision making for allocating .company resources for business development .
- Strong territory management and organizational skills.
- Highly motivated to work independently and under pressure.
- Willingness and ability to travel 75 - 95% of the time over a large geographic territory.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume.Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.
If you are a current employee of CUNA Mutual Group, you must apply through the Company's internal career site.
- Marketing Engineer
- Sales Solutions Engineer
- Lending Protection Manager
- Lending Protection Manager
- Financial Advisor - Advia Credit Union -
- Retirement Implementation Consultant
- VP, CBSI Retail Sales
- Financial Advisor - Heritage Federal Credit Union
- Senior Executive Assistant
- Director, Annuity Account Development & Mgmt