Hybrid Internal Wholesaler - Great Lakes TerritoryApply Now Apply Later Job ID R-002027 Date posted 11/16/2017
Salary Grade 618
This Hybrid/Virtual Internal Wholesaling position will work in conjunction with 2 territory RVP's to support the independent broker dealer channel and will cover the Great Lakes territory. This position will consist of 10%-15% travel, and preference is located in Indiana.
The principal purpose of this position is to direct the sales activities for CMFG manufactured Annuity products within an assigned geographic territory. This position leads the sales activities and efforts of F2F distribution through of external distributors with whom we have entered into a selling agreement.
This is a focused, business-building position whose accountabilities will be accomplished through developing and expanding advisor relationships, providing outstanding investment sales training & assistance and executing product sales programs and strategies via virtual channels.
List of general activities, duties and/or tasks typically performed within the job.
- Ability to provide proactive sales activities and territory management in coordination with an external wholesaling partner (Regional Director)
- Conduct sales promotion and investment product virtual meetings, demonstrating how to position and promote products.
- Assist financial advisors in developing higher levels of investment knowledge, communication & sales capabilities and business promotion.
- Support financial advisors’ sales efforts by helping conduct customer/client seminars and individual sales presentations.
- Represents M I&I (MEMBERS Insurance and Investments??) at external distributors’ conferences and events.
- Maintain and build strong product knowledge, including any related economic, industry and competitor’s information. Build and maintain strong knowledge of the entire MEMBERS product portfolio. Maintain a solid understanding of back office processes for the investment advisor, broker/dealer operations, and the service areas, as well as a working knowledge of associated vendor relationships.
- This role will be accountable for:
- Territory Sales Goals
- Year over year territory growth
- Proactive outbound sales activity
- Outbound calls
- WebEx (virtual) Meetings
- Sales conversations
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Marketing.
- Preferred prior investment products wholesaling or promotional experience.
- Retail F2F experience selling similar investment products in an institutional setting.
- Demonstrated sales & marketing knowledge of annuities and variable products, and their appropriate applications within the context of a needs-based sales process.
- FINRA Series 6 or 7 and 63 licenses required.
- Life and Variable Licenses required. IAR preferred.
- Industry designations preferred (CPA, CFA, ChFC, CLU, etc.)
- Highly motivated and able to work independently and perform under pressure
- Ability and desire to spend significant portion of job developing relationships over the phone.
- Strong territory management, independence and organizational skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel a minimum of 10% of the time over a large geographic territory.
- Ideal candidate lives in the territory.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.
- IT Supervisor III Information Technology Jobs
- Sr. Claim Professional Claims Jobs
- Sales Executive, Regions Sales Jobs, Remote Jobs
- Financial Advisor Assistant - Robins Federal Credit Union Administrative Jobs
- Senior Manager, App Dev Information Technology Jobs