Epic OwnerApply Now Apply Later Job ID R-001844 Date posted 10/10/2017
Salary Grade - 507
Under the direction of Information Technology Management and more senior team members, manage on time and on budget delivery of projects and the evolution of product or process. Manage expectations for project delivery, raise risks, and demonstrate high proficiency in project management methodology and tools. Manage a project workforce that is agile, scalable, and adaptable to changing business needs in such a manner as to ensure project deadlines, scope and costs are in balance. Monitor and make adjustments as needed in order to achieve successful project delivery. Manage the relationship and strategic business partnership with business front-line management. Specialize in one of the following two functions:
- Manage the projects with various people, process and technology components from conceptualization through implementation. Apply a corporate-wide perspective to assess business needs and the impact of potential solutions.
- Facilitate business management through the assessment phase of a project including scope definition, high level requirements definition, and cost/benefit analysis.
- Lead activities of technology project team members including providing workflow direction, technical guidance, and project assignments.
- Coordinate system development projects across multiple business units.
- Promote effective use of project management processes. Help refine and enhance the corporate PM competency.
- Manage QA/testing teams through the entire testing process, from development of the test strategy and test plans through the design and execution of test cases, and documentation of results. Validate testing estimates, testing requirements, and test coverage.
- Direct activities of testing team members including providing workflow direction, technical guidance, and project assignments.
- Coordinate testing activities with the respective development and business units.
- Promote and enforce the QA/testing process. Refine the QA strategy and process as needed.
Framework General Profile and Scope
- Requires in-depth knowledge and experience
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions and approaches changes with flexibility
- Works independently, receives minimal guidance
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Lead project teams in the delivery of projects and/or the evolution of a product or process. Manage project resources and make adjustments as needed in order to ensure on time and on budget delivery. Manage expectations for project delivery, and ensure that the expected technical and functional results are delivered as agreed upon. Demonstrate strong proficiency with project management methodology, project risk management and project management tools. Manage collaboration within the project team and across the IT organization to ensure successful project delivery. Develop the communication and collaboration processes that are needed for maximum effectiveness.
- Manage the relationship and strategic business partnership with business front-line management. Understand business needs and processes for given area of responsibility. Monitor customer satisfaction with project execution and operational support. Identify opportunities and implement changes to drive improvement in service. Actively seek new options and approaches to business issues, and act as a driver of change.
- Develop and maintain project and operational reporting to demonstrate quality execution of project commitments (budget, benefits, etc.) and adherence to service level commitments. Promote and contribute to the enhancement of the corporate project management/QA methodology
- The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive, and other duties/responsibilities will be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management Information Systems or Computer Science or equivalent trade-off in professional related work experience with demonstrated achievement and progressive responsibilities.
- 4 years of related IT experience
- Project Leadership experience
- PMP or related certifications preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. Proven ability to clearly and effectively communicate business and technical information, and effectively mediate in situations where conflict arises. Understanding of how and when to escalate issues to the appropriate levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated strong proficiency with project management and associated project management tools.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, direct a project plan and meet project deliverable expectations.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with individuals and teams across the organization to meet complex business needs.
- Demonstrated ability to mitigate risks proactively and resolve issues.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.