Implementation ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID R-001477 Date posted 06/19/2017
Work Location: Madison, WI or anywhere in the continental United States (open to considering remote/home-office based candidates)
The Implementation Manager is a single point of contact for credit unions, and ultimately owns the implementation customer experience. This individual is an outstanding project manager who is attentive to detail, timelines, and thrives in an evolving operating environment. He or she can quickly form trust-based relationships and is responsible for leading the successful and on-time implementation of products, services, and program work with customers. This individual works closely with others in the Sales organization, vendors, and customer to execute implementations for new sales and retention that have a high degree of complexity, revenue potential, and/or involve sensitive customer relationship accounts.
- Assumes ownership of the customer experience
- Lead and coordinate the post-sale resources needed to effectively implement product/service/training solutions and coordinates with the sales team to ensure a smooth transition between Sales and Implementation and ongoing service; This includes internal, credit union, and vendor resources
- Consult with the sales team to proactively identify and document customized implementation requirements and convey operational changes to internal and vendor resources
- Work closely with senior leadership within the customer’s organization to identify and minimize implementation risk to the customer’s employees and members
- Ensure implementation is run smoothly using customer resources effectively and customer readiness on the program implementation date; Monitor for use and application of consistent standards and processes
- Resolve operational issues through assessment and understanding of the issue, recommend solutions and implement the agreed upon solution
- Act as a customer advocate; responsible for ensuring customer needs are being met during the implementation and conveyed to enhance the implementation process to more effectively deliver an exceptional customer experience
- Solicit post-implementation customer feedback, share with appropriate resources and leaders to drive continuous improvement or product design
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- Prior experience in management and leadership roles
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business Management, Insurance or related field or an equivalent trade-off of related professional work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of formal project management experience leading large, complex projects with high revenue impact, multiple dependencies within and across organizational boundaries; Demonstrated experience utilizing project management methods, project implementations, project structure and life-cycle, and best practice standards and tools
- Excels at establishing effective and diverse relationships, motivating teams, especially through indirect influence, and delivery of timely results
- High degree of professionalism as demonstrated in facilitation and communication skills
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of credit union/financial industry; Experience working in a credit union preferred
- Knowledge of the business, appetite to learn, general business acumen and high sense of ownership for area of responsibility/expertise.
- Ability to successfully navigate ambiguous situations and bring clarity to them.
- Deep organizational knowledge in order to acquire adequate resources for effective implementation.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Microsoft Project and OneNote.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation immediately or within 6 months of meeting the project management hour requirement as per PMI.
- Up to 25% travel required
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.