Marketing Research AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID R-002632 Date posted 04/14/2018
In a lead role the Marketing Research Analyst will be the primary analytic resource for the Consumer Market and Insights team. Conducts in-depth research and analysis for customer segmentation schemas across various media, channels, and tactics. Works with business partners to develop methodologies to test and market against the segmentation schemas, and incorporates findings into future iterations. Manages various qualitative and quantitative consumer and market research activities by the gathering, analysis and evaluation of data. Ensures findings are statically valid, actionable, and effectively communicated to all business partners.
Performs the following responsibilities in an expert/lead capacity:
- Business Domain Analysis
- Utilizes expert level knowledge to conduct customer and market research; including best practices in survey design and evaluation
- Develops and maintains customer segmentation schemas for various business areas
- Applies statistical research methods to differentiate signal from noise
- Identifies relationships, changes, and trends overtime in customer research findings and segmentation schemas (past, current, and future)
- Routinely executes standard business analysis techniques
- SWOT, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Competitive Analysis, Gap Analysis
- Evaluates new sources of consumer and market data; determines how data might evolve customer segmentation schemas and inform future research hypothesizes
- Frames and structures complex, cross-departmental problems with minimal supervision and may guide others in this function
- Business Communications
- Keeps up to date on industry, competitor and market trends; interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends leading practices to improve products, processes or services
- Shapes how customer research and segmentation integrates with other departments and the broader business
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to persuade a different point of view
- Actively solicits and listens to feedback to determine need for change or improvement
- Reporting & Business Intelligence
- Synthesizes data from multiple sources; including customer surveys, internal database, external market data, external vendors, competitive data, and business partners
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Uses their skillset to help the company's management interpret data and test hypotheses.
- Utilizes BI/Reporting tools to explore data and produce outputs; including Tableau, Business Objects, Power BI
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Market Research, or Business Statistics. MBA in Market Research preferred.
- 5-7 years significant experience within the customer research industry with 3+ years in a lead role
- Experience in creating customer segmentation schemas
- Academic and practical experience with a wide array of research and segmentation methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize and distill the results of complex customer research and segmentation to support communication to non-technical constituents.
- Strong understanding with how the business works and how it is executed (People, Process and Technology)
- Demonstrated ability to proactively identify hidden flaws in analyses-in-process (e.g. invalid implications, bad/distorted data sets)
- Ability to properly set and actively manage scope of analytical customer research and segmentation projects.
- Data Knowledge
- Ability to clearly navigate complex database to retrieve business information
- In-depth knowledge of key data across multiple data domains and or business unit
- Reporting & BI
- Advanced ability to visualize data in the best representation given the data or analytics required
- Advanced ability to represent multivariate data within a single visual
- Thorough understanding of BI applications leveraged within CMFG and within the marketplace
- Strong software skills; Access, Excel, database manipulation and mining; SAS and/or SPSS or any other research analytical tools.
- Ability to communicate (written & verbal) up and down organizational structure regarding all tasks / assignments
- Ability to communicate ideas at every level of detail, from the most detailed business discussion to a senior leadership forum
- Strong skills in “demystifying” analytics and communicating benefits as opposed to technicalities
- Strong presentation skills
Physical Job Analysis:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write and operate a computer keyboard, standard office equipment and telephone. The employee is frequently required to move about and reach for items. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.
- Financial Advisor - Associated Credit Union Financial Advisor Jobs
- CBSI Branch Examiner This position will travel to CBSI branch offices and conduct the required FINRA inspections. Travel is across the country. They will also analyze inspection results to assist in filling gaps and improving processes.
- Sr. IT Manager II, App Dev Information Technology Jobs
- Director of Customer Marketing The Director of Customer Marketing is responsible for building the Consumer Business Unit’s Customer Marketing function that will engage, retain, and cross sell to the nearly 20 million consumers. This includes the development of the Customer Market
- Executive Benefits Specialist Other