Media StrategistApply Now Apply Later Job ID R-002091 Date posted 12/12/2017
Salary Grade: 508
TruStage, the direct-to-consumer insurance brand backed by the stability of CUNA Mutual Group, offers a different approach to insurance. We’re committed to building a consumer experience based on where they are and helping them get started with protecting those who matter most. Our passion lies in ensuring the hardworking families we serve have the opportunity and access to protect what matters most in their lives. We've earned the trust of more than 18 million people based on these ideals and we are looking for candidates who believe in our mission.
A career with TruStage is more than just a job—it is an opportunity to grow in your profession, while helping to protect millions of Americans and their families. Many companies offer insurance, but few can boast our combination of financial strength, customer focus, community involvement and commitment to doing business the right way. We are looking for a collaborative, highly-motivated individual who shares our passion, has a positive attitude and strong communication skills to join our high-performing team as the Media Strategist.
TruStage, a new direct-to-consumer insurance brand, offers a different approach to insurance. Built on the strength of CUNA Mutual Group, we leverage nearly 80 years of stability, expertise and credit union experience to take a member-focused approach to all that we do. We know that what we do matters, and our passion lies in ensuring the people we serve have the opportunity and access to protect what matters most in their lives.
A career with TruStage offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast-growing organization. Led by an engaged senior leadership team with a clear and exciting vision for the future, we understand the critical role this individual plays in developing and optimizing direct mail. We are looking for a collaborative, highly-motivated individual who shares our passion, has a positive attitude and strong communication skills to join our high-performing team as the direct mail Media Strategist.
This role is responsible for independently developing consumer direct mail marketing strategies to improve media productivity based upon target segments, providing creative recommendations on marketing tests, actively utilizing competitive insights to support strategy development, and assisting in the development of the overall financial results marketing story.
- Guide a comprehensive consumer direct mail marketing program to optimize in-market testing.
- Develop direct mail strategies to improve productivity utilizing direct marketing best practices.
- Develop targeted messaging strategies to drive interest from key consumer segments.
- Utilize competitive insights in direct mail strategy development based upon trends.
- Review marketing creative and recommend changes where applicable that align to business objectives.
- Utilize strong analytical ability to evaluate end-to-end customer experience across multiple channels and customer touch points.
- Leverage knowledge of media planning/forecasting to:
- Partner with Analytics on routine decisions.
- Report performance of direct mail marketing.
- Develop budget for given media. Monitor and ensure the accuracy of forecasts and profitability of spend.
- Assist in developing financial results story.
- Drive increased efficiency by evaluating existing capabilities/vendors/processes.
- Develop product and direct response marketing expertise required to support direct mail.
- Partner with internal teams to align multi-media marketing campaigns across all direct mail channels.
- Ability to learn insurance industry and develop a direct mail strategy to market our business.
- Evaluate emerging tactics and techniques. Provide thought leadership and perspective for adoption where appropriate
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field.
- 3+ years of related experience. Direct mail experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a project oriented team environment
- Ability to operate in a dynamic, agile work environment.
- Understanding of key levers that drive media and business results
- Able to quickly and systematically find root causes to an identified issue and recommend actions to address.
- Strong knowledge of marketing business and the financial metrics associated with the business.
- Demonstrated experience with direct-response media.
- Well-developed communication skills.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- Ability to communicate, verbal and written, in a concise, professional manner.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.