Operations Insight, Sr. AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID R-002527 Date posted 03/22/2018
In an expert/leadership capacity, incumbents in this position are responsible for identifying and solving problems affecting one or more domains within the business. The analyst utilizes strong business acumen and analysis skills to understand and quantify the steps required, impacts, and benefits associated with implementing or changing business process, rules, policy, etc to impact performance.
The analyst is responsible for investigating business situations, identifying and evaluating options for improving business systems, defining requirements and ensuring the effective use of information in meeting the needs of the business.
Business Domain Analysis
- Utilizes expert level knowledge in specific business domain(s) and industry to provide operating context for analysis and business problem solving.
- Subject matter expert in specific business area(s)
- Frames and structures complex, cross-departmental problems with minimal supervision and may guide others in this function
- Independently completes compiles analysis and provides leadership/guidance in
- Identifying relationships in data
- Changes and trending over time
- Creation of Histograms, Tables, etc. as a tool in analysis
- Performs exploratory and descriptive analysis
- Routinely executes standard business analysis techniques
- SWOT, Cost-Benefit Analysis, Forecasts, Competitive Analysis, Gap Analysis
- Evaluates actions to improve the operation of a business system
- Applies forecasting models and research methods to differentiate signal from noise.
- Utilizes strong conceptual understanding of predictive analytics and data to partner with data analysts and data scientists
- Support a core metrics and key performance indicators for business, leading and lagging indicators and related historical performance
- Understands core data sources and relevance in business context, limitations, and implemented business rules, i.e., suppression rules
- Combines data from multiple sources to answer complex questions
Business Data Modeling, Reporting, & Business Intelligence
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Uses data modeling tool to build attribute level data dictionary content
- Work with Data Analyst to document source to target mapping specification documents for the ETL development team
- Acquires and translates complex business data requirements into data model relationships
- Uses their skillset to help the company's management interpret data and test hypotheses.
- Manages XML schemas that are consistent with the data models.
- Investigates, analyze and recommend data formats and structure required to support applications that consume data from the HDFS platform.
- Defines reporting data sets, semantic layer, KPIs and metrics for tableau reports.
- Routinely assembles datasets from core business systems and data repositories ( data warehouses and data marts)
- Utilizes BI/Reporting tools to explore data and produce outputs
- Business Objects
- Power BI
Business Data Communications
- Keeps up to date on industry, competitor and market trends; interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends leading practices to improve products, processes or services
- Shapes how own discipline/department integrates with other disciplines/departments and the broader function
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to persuade a different point of view
- Actively solicits and listens to feedback to determine need for change or improvement
- Directs, coach, and guides development teams in applying data modeling techniques and the usage of data modeling and repository tools.
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics, or related field.
- 7+ years’ data analytics experience in applicable business domain
- Business Domain Skills
- Strong business acumen and analysis skills to understand and quantify the steps required, impacts, and benefits associated with implementing or changing business process, rules, policy, etc to impact performance
- Strong understanding with how the business works and how it is executed (People, Process and Technology)
- Strong understanding of applicable business concepts, processes, and systems for business domain
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a time sensitive, production environment.
- Data Skills
- Ability to write custom processing jobs, ability to leverage parallel processing on large datasets, etc.
- Ability to work across multiple datasets to assemble data
- Routinely called upon to extract data for analyst teams for routine or exploratory analytics
- Data Knowledge
- Ability to clearly navigate complex data models to retrieve business information
- In-depth knowledge of key data across multiple data domains and or business unit (perceived as a data SME)
- Ability to tutor co-workers (within and outside of organizational department) on various data domains
- Routinely validates how data elements are structured, and confirms alignment with business definitions
- Expert knowledge on multiple source systems and the data they generate
- Data Modeling
- Advanced ability to translate business requirements into logical data model
- In-depth knowledge of multiple data models leveraged across the enterprise (either multiple business units or multiple data domains)
- Aligns closely with DBA’s in the construction of the physical data model
- Reporting & BI
- Advanced ability to visualize data in the best representation given the data or analytics required
- Advanced ability to represent multivariate data within a single visual
- Thorough understanding of BI applications leveraged within CMFG and within the marketplace
- Ability to incorporate aesthetic principles into report / scorecard development
- Ability to communicate (written & verbal) up and down organizational structure regarding all tasks / assignments
- Ability to communicate ideas at every level of detail, from the most detailed business discussion to a senior leadership forum
- Strong skills in “demystifying” analytics and communicating benefits as opposed to technicalities
- Capable of leading development of presentation logic
- Strong presentation skills
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.
- Financial Advisor - Associated Credit Union Financial Advisor Jobs
- CBSI Branch Examiner This position will travel to CBSI branch offices and conduct the required FINRA inspections. Travel is across the country. They will also analyze inspection results to assist in filling gaps and improving processes.
- Sr. IT Manager II, App Dev Information Technology Jobs
- Director of Customer Marketing The Director of Customer Marketing is responsible for building the Consumer Business Unit’s Customer Marketing function that will engage, retain, and cross sell to the nearly 20 million consumers. This includes the development of the Customer Market
- Executive Benefits Specialist Other