Retirement Implementation ConsultantJob ID R-000868 Date posted 02/17/2017
Salary Grade: 507
This position is responsible for providing plan design, marketing, proposal assistance and plan installation services for qualified plans, including top tier and politically sensitive customers. This position designs, develops and implements sales materials and plan designs for new and take over plan client situations. This position also provides plan design and technical support to field sales staff, Client Service Managers, and Pension Specialists through the new sale/installation process.
Consultant Provides advice as regards to strategy, management and operations as well as the structure of a business. They analyze and identify problems, research and collect data, prepare business proposals, manage projects and programs. They recommend solutions, utilizing knowledge of theory, principles, or technology of specific discipline or field of specialization. Consults with client to ascertain define need or problem area plus determine scope of investigation required to obtain solution. Consultants analyze data to define solution, and examine alternate methods as well.
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices
- Solves complex problems, taking a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions where change is needed
- Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations
- May lead functional teams or projects
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- Ensure consistent, timely, and accurate response for Defined Benefit and 401(k)/Defined Contribution pension sales opportunities and plan installation processes and procedures, including innovative design and development of proposals for top tier credit unions and the taxable marketplace.
- Responsible for all proposal assistance, plan design, document design, installation functions and communications related to each plan type, including enhancement and maintenance of;
- Implementation part of administration systems,
- Employee/plan database management,
- Document system, and
- Work tracking system.
- Train, mentor and provide communications to staff for timely and accurate preparation of all customer deliverables including proposals, adoption kits, plan set up, employee enrollment materials, and initial IRS qualification.
- Assist in the development and implementation of new pension product designs and related sales and communication materials.
- Provide marketing support and develop and present training sessions for field sales and distribution staff.
- Identify, analyze, interpret, implement, and communicate federal statutory and regulatory changes impacting plan design and future plan administration to ensure new sales are compliant with IRS regulations.
- Provide retirement plan technical advice and consultation for Plan Trustees, Account Relationship Managers, Pensions Specialists, IT and Pension Consultants.
- Prepare and present training materials related to qualified plan proposals, sales and installation procedures and processes to plan trustees, plan administrators, and pension and field staff, in conjunction with Pension Client Services.
- Bachelors Degree in Business or equivalent related experience.
- 6-8 years of progressively responsible work experience in;
- 401(k), Defined Benefit, Defined Contribution and advanced plan design and administration,
- Marketing and sales concepts, preferably related to pension plans, and
- Analyzing and interpreting federal regulations related to qualified plan administration and benefit payments.
- ASPPA designation or other equivalent administration designation preferred.
- Exceptional customer focus, interpersonal, analytical, problem-solving and written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated strong project management and training skills.
- Ability to work with complex information, take initiative, work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to prioritize a high volume of work to meet deadlines.
Physical Job Analysis:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, write and operate a computer keyboard, standard office equipment and telephone. The employee is frequently required to move about and reach for items. The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.
If you are a current employee of CUNA Mutual Group, you must apply through the Company's internal career site.
- Financial Advisor - Advia Credit Union -
- Retirement Implementation Consultant
- Lending Protection Manager
- VP, CBSI Retail Sales
- Financial Advisor - Heritage Federal Credit Union
- Senior Executive Assistant
- Director, Annuity Account Development & Mgmt
- Regional Vice President - External Markets - SW Territory
- Senior Claim Professional
- Regional Sales Associate - External Markets - Southwest Territory