Senior Executive AssistantJob ID R-001123 Date posted 02/16/2017
Salary Grade: 505
Responsible for planning, organizing, and working very closely with the senior manager(s) to complete administrative activities. Oversees major issues and processes related to strategic planning and tactical initiatives for senior manager(s). Responds quickly to changes in projects/assignments/tasks and re-aligns priorities. Acts in a confidential capacity with regard to employee relations, labor relations, compensation, staffing and various other corporate activities. Performs advanced and diversified administrative duties requiring broad and comprehensive experience, skill and knowledge of organization policies and practices.
- Determine and assign appropriate staff to address issues and develop strategic and operational plans. Must understand business issues and apply appropriate decision-making skills to set daily priorities. Identify disconnects and clarify expectations.
- Lead activities, internal or external, to complete assigned projects and/or reports in cooperation with senior management.
- Respond, investigate, and handle as appropriate inquiries from internal/external customers utilizing a high degree of sensitivity and knowledge of the credit union system/movement, corporate structure and priorities, divisional priorities and products and/or functions.
- Proactively on own initiative and on behalf of senior management, respond appropriately via memos, letters, documents and reports via PC applications to internal and external stakeholders and customers. Track and manage follow up requests.
- Proactively research information and create reports using various PC applications.
- Identify, analyze, and implement process changes to streamline and improve administrative workflow.
- Help promote migration to new technologies to allow for new process improvements and efficiencies. Independently initiates these changes and mentors/coaches peers to implement as well.
- Review incoming correspondence via paper or email, lead initiative to determine appropriate action required. Monitor issue for appropriate follow-up.
- Proactively anticipate and plan senior management’s appointment calendar and activities to allow senior manager(s) to achieve corporate/divisional objectives.
- On own initiative, initiate and lead development of agendas, presentation materials, meeting deliverables and meeting follow-up items.
- Associate Degree in Business or Administrative Assistant fields, or equivalent trade-off in pertinent work experience.
- Three to five years administrative work experience, to include competencies in the following areas:
- plan, organize and leading facilitation of multiple projects/assignments
- advanced word processing, spreadsheet, graphic software and Internet/Intranet applications
- provide internal/external customer services
- identify and create solutions for electronic & hardcopy organizational systems to include electronic databases, tracking systems
- all of the above position accountabilities require and ability to use analytical thinking and problem solving skills on own initiative.
- Broad knowledge of corporate structure to include all distribution channels and thorough understanding of credit union marketplace.
- Proficient skill level of MicroSoft Office Suite software such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint (tests will be administered).
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate via verbal and written communication. Ability to create correspondence on behalf of others.
- Broad knowledge of grammar, spelling, sentence structure and editing ability (tests will be administered).
- Previous experience in Marketing environment helpful
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.
If you are a current employee of CUNA Mutual Group, you must apply through the Company's internal career site.
- Financial Advisor - Advia Credit Union -
- Retirement Implementation Consultant
- Lending Protection Manager
- VP, CBSI Retail Sales
- Financial Advisor - Heritage Federal Credit Union
- Senior Executive Assistant
- Director, Annuity Account Development & Mgmt
- Regional Vice President - External Markets - SW Territory
- Senior Claim Professional
- Regional Sales Associate - External Markets - Southwest Territory