Divisional Sales Manager - Annuity Sales (remote location anywhere in the US)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID R-001674 Date posted 08/11/2017
Salary Grade - 688
The principal purpose of this position is to lead a team of wholesalers to direct the sales activities for CMFG manufactured Annuity products (MEMBERS® Annuities) within an assigned geographic territory. The objective of the sales division is annuity deposit growth (AUM), a principal CMFG objective. This position will lead the sales activities and efforts of F2F distribution through registered representatives in the independent broker dealer (IBD) and financial institutions channels for a team of 8-12 wholesalers.
This position ensures that the wholesaling teams are working efficiently while providing training, sales coaching, frequent field visits and continued performance & skill assessment. Additional responsibilities include:
- Partnering with product and channel marketing to assist with product positioning and training for new product launches/enhancements
- Leading and facilitating wholesaling and team meetings
- Managing the sales activities and providing leadership, training, and guidance to the external wholesaling team
- Developing and implementing strategic sales plans to accommodate product sales goals
- Representing CUNA Mutual Group at national, regional, and industry-related meetings and conferences
- Accountability in fulfilling compliance requirements for the organization; monitor compliance issues to state and federal regulations
- Works independently, directs external wholesaling sales activities within a defined geographic or product area supporting Independent Broker/Dealers, Brokerage Firms, Financial Planners and/or Banks
- Develops and recommends sales plans and budgets for their assigned division. Successfully executes on the agreed upon plans.
- Manages associates who provide external wholesaling services and support to a specific region
- Assists external wholesaling sales staff with increasing sales by developing and maintaining strong relationships within assigned region
- Identifies training needs and develops and/or delivers training programs
- This role will hold wholesaling staff accountable for:
- Territory Sales Goals
- Year over year territory growth
- Face-to-Face appointments and other proactive sales activities
- Full people management responsibilities including performance management, training and development
The above statement of duties is not intended to be all inclusive and other duties will be assigned from time to time.
- Minimum of 8+ years of wholesaling industry experience. Four (4) years management or supervisor experience including defining performance objectives and/or metrics, coaching, developing, training and managing the performance of team members.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to lead sales support and planning activities and appropriate applications within the context of needs based sales process.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve positive results through influence, leadership, coaching and facilitation with proven success in building and maintaining effective relationships with employees and customers (internal and external)
- Retail F2F experience selling similar investment products in an institutional setting. Demonstrated sales & marketing knowledge of annuities, variable products, investment solutions and their appropriate applications within the context of a needs-based sales process.
- Strong territory management and organizational skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Sound judgment and solid decision making for allocating company resources for business development
- Highly motivated to work independently and under pressure.
- FINRA Series 7 and 24 registrations required or must be obtained within 60 days of hire.
- Life, Health and Variable Licenses required. Industry designations preferred (CPA, CFA, ChFC, CLU, etc.)
- Willingness and ability to travel 75% + of the time over a large geographic territory.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.