QA LeadApply Now Apply Later Job ID R-001895 Date posted 10/16/2017
Salary Grade: 506
Provide professional and technical leadership and support in the test planning, test design, and test execution of technology solutions. Lead self and others through all phases of the testing life-cycle on mid to large size efforts. Monitor every phase of the software development process to ensure quality, making sure that the software adheres to the established standards.
Framework General Profile and Scope:
- Requires knowledge and experience in own discipline/department; still acquiring higher-level knowledge and skills
- Builds knowledge of the company, processes and customers.
- Manages own workload and occasionally provides informal guidance to colleagues with less experience.
- Solves a range of straightforward problems.
- Analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures.
- Receives a moderate level of guidance and direction.
Test Leadership: 50%-60%
- Provide leadership and technical guidance on all aspects of the testing lifecycle to customers, team members, and peers on mid to large size efforts.
- Define an overall testing strategy including automation, performance, and mobile testing for assigned projects. Apply alternative approaches such as risk-based, white box, and web service testing as applicable.
- Develop and oversee the implementation of approved testing plans and activities for System, System Integration, and End-to-End Testing. Track overall testing progress and report status and any issues to management and project team members.
- Consult with and positively influence the project team regarding all aspects of quality assurance and testing.
- Develop and enforce quality at all phases of the project lifecycle. Initiate the quality assurance process early in the project life cycle by concentrating on requirements and emphasizing unit testing. Emphasize quality assurance later in the project life cycle by supporting and ensuring that proper plans are in place for User Acceptance Testing.
- Emphasize continuous improvement of quality-related processes and artifacts.
- Understand the impacts and system interdependencies on assigned projects. Maintain an in-depth knowledge of business processes supported in assigned area.
- Understand the basic concepts of programming in order to enable better communication with the IT Development Team.
- Identify, set up, and manage the data needed for testing. Understand the purpose of different environments along with their integrations, limitations, and impact on test planning.
- Ensure adherence to Testing Standards and Frameworks.
- Facilitate testing related meetings. Influence and drive quality assurance discussions and decisions.
- Provide testing and quality assurance training to customers, team members, and peers.
- Promote automation. Ensure that automation plans are in place for new development and that existing automation is maintained.
Test Design & Execution: 30%-40%
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback regarding testability and functional gaps.
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases.
- Estimate, prioritize, plan, and coordinate testing activities.
- Design, develop, and execute manual and automated test scripts.
- Log defects and track to closure, working with development teams to establish defect validity and cause, and retesting as needed.
- Anticipate, mitigate, address, and escalate issues as appropriate.
- Oversee team execution by CUNA Mutual as well as vendor staff so as to ensure a quality outcome.
Internal Partnerships: 10%-20%
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with testing team members, development team and business partners.
- Apply effective communication practices within and across teams.
- Interact effectively with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- College degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent trade-off in related professional work experience.
- 5-7 years of testing and quality assurance experience.
- 2-3 years of peer leadership experience in an extended team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead mid to large size testing efforts.
- Demonstrated mastery in functional testing and proficiency in test automation. Experience with performance testing concepts and execution required. Mobile testing would be a plus.
- Hands-on experience with white box, black box, risk-based, and exploratory testing.
- Experience working in both an Agile/Scrum and Waterfall development process.
- Proven working experience with the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with Application Lifecycle Management practices and tools.
- Solid knowledge of databases and query development (SQL).
- Strong organizational skills.
- Independent decision-making.
- Ability to navigate obstacles and drive results within a complex and dynamic environment.
- Proven ability to clearly and effectively communicate business and technical information, both verbally and in writing and effectively mediate in situations where conflict arises and understands how and when to escalate issues to the appropriate levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated professionalism, confidence, assertiveness, and self-awareness.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values. In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Please provide your Work Experience and Education or attach a copy of your resume. Applications received without this information may be removed from consideration.